Show Your Full Smile and Hide Your Braces.
The term “lingual” refers to the inside (tongue or palate) surface of the tooth. Lingual braces are not your ordinary braces. Lingual braces are attached to the back side of the teeth, making them “invisible,” while traditional braces are attached to the front side of the teeth.
With the braces positioned on the inner surface, it makes them practically invisible and provides cosmetic orthodontic treatment without the distraction of typical braces. The Lingual braces are made up of two main parts: small metal pieces (brackets) attached to the teeth and wire that connects them together (arch wire).
Benefits of Lingual Braces:
- Shorter treatment time – Some patients can have a treatment time of 7-10 weeks with lingual braces
- Affordable cost – Lingual braces are an affordable investment in your healthy new smile
- Practically invisible – Hides your braces inside your teeth
Why Choose Lingual Braces?
- If you are self-conscious of your appearance and would not feel confident wearing traditional braces, lingual braces are an excellent choice.
- If you are concerned about wearing braces that are visible, lingual treatment might be the right choice.
- If you present frequently to audiences or clients and want to maintain a professional image while getting a great smile, lingual braces would also be good for you.
An orthodontist who specializes in lingual braces can evaluate your needs and help you decide if lingual orthodontic treatment is right for you and your lifestyle.